Knowledge L&D (Learning & Development) Group Head/Associate Director
The Knowledge Learning & Development manager is responsible for improving the company talent capability and productivity. Develops and leads the implementation of knowledge learning & development strategy, training programs (as defined through the business planning process by both HR and senior management) through innovative and pragmatic solutions that address both current and future business needs. This position is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of learning and development programs. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance mainly in media planning and buying (both traditional and digital media), as well as marketing/business related area.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To establish guidelines for content creation, including online, classroom and other media.
- Manage the Programs to attract, develop and retain new entrants.
- To conduct periodic professional skills and competency audit for all staff level.
- To development of materials and activities, and development of experts throughout the business
- To provide professional/ technical training in media principle, third party research tools
- To provide company’s proprietary tools (Matrix/CAT/Programmer/Improve/Allocate) for internal staffs
- Learning & development community, establish Knowledge L&D framework that brings alignment and best practice sharing across the business
- Ensure all training calendars are up to date and managed locally to best meet needs of individuals and the business
- Ensure that we are developing people from entry level roles to meet current and future business needs across all relevant functions.
- In partnership with the HR, build a leadership development program and content that addresses all potential talents from management trainee level upwards, through courses, coaching assignments etc.
- Ensure systems, tools and processes to identify top talent and be able to work with local managers and HR to develop these people in time for opportunities
- Work together with training people and the HR community to ensure that all tools and programs are interrelated in the correct manner and build on a common vision and plan.
- Work with external suppliers to keep abreast of developments in the field, and keeps Knowledge L&D function up to date
- Additional ad hoc projects that relate to the attraction and retention of talent
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from all academic backgrounds.
- Experience in a Media Planning minimum 5+ years of experience.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the major media (TV, prints, radio, cinema, outdoor, digital), the fundamentals of how they are traded and approximate costs and audience delivery and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Be numerate, literate and accurate in all aspects of your work
- Possess good communication and selling skills
- Sound knowledge of the media market place and opportunities available
- Expert in using all syndicated research data tools (Nielsen, Video Research, comScore)
- Very good English skills and Good Computer skills, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to inspire and leads others to achieve challenging results.
- To work as an individual and to be a team player, cross-functional / collaborative approach
- Strong organizational skills, Confident, articulate and clear communication skills with all level of employees.
- Thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment.